Delilah Kae turned one years old on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
My sweet, sensitive, snuggly little girl is no longer a baby.
I catch myself looking at her sometimes, thinking when did she get so big? Look how long her hair has grown? Those cheek dimples are the cutest!
Read her natural birth story here.
Time has never moved as fast as it does now that we have kids. Maybe that is because we have so much more going on now than we ever did.
I am sure you have heard the saying, the days go slow but the years go fast.
Boy do they ever.
Let me tell you a bit more about our sweet Delilah:
- She loves her sister to no ends and thinks she is the most hilarious person to walk the earth! Melina can just look at Delilah a certain way and she will burst into giggles!
- Delilah loves curling up with soft blankets and stuffed animals.
- She will smile at pretty much anyone, as long as they do not have a beard. She is terrified of beards!
- Delilah can out eat probably all of us, seriously, it seems that she wants to eat all day!
- Her favorite treat is ice cream! And no she doesn’t like sharing.
- She does not prefer bananas or sweet potatoes but will eat lots of broccoli.
- Currently, she has 7 teeth, 4 on the top and 3 on the bottom.
- Delilah loves to be in water. Baths, swimming pools, lakes…she is all in. Like crawling in!
- She also thinks that sand is something we should eat…we are working on this one!
- Her favorite book is Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?
- Delilah is very cautious and is always observing.
- She took her first steps on her own July 14, 2020 to walk from Tom to me.
- Delilah would still much rather walk while we are holding her hands, but her confidence is growing each day.
The links on this website may contain affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission if you decide to make any purchases using our affiliate links. This does not add any cost to you. Read our disclosure policy for more details.
Current Sleeping Schedule
Wake up: 7-8am
Naptime: 1pm- 3:30pm
It has been a few weeks of transitioning to just one nap a day and I have been loving it!! It has freed up our day to go do something in the morning (usually our outdoor activity). And the best part is she has been taking a 2+ hour nap each day! This has been so refreshing for me to be able to have some time for myself.
Delilah is still nursing about 3-4 times a day & probably will be for a while. She doesn’t seem like she will want to wean completely anytime soon so we will see how it goes.
Honestly, I am in no big rush to completely stop breastfeeding. I figure the longer I can help boost her immune system the better off she will be.
For solids we have been doing baby led weaning and offering Delilah smaller portions of what we are eating for dinner.
We supplement with pouches if she decides she does not like what we are are having or we are on the go.
I am a big believe in the importance of play for a child. When they are actively playing they are discovering the world for themselves. We prefer open ended toys that the girls have to discover how to play rather than toys that simply entertain them.
Here are a few of her current favorites…
Delilah’s Big Day!
We celebrated Delilah’s first birthday with a small group of our family and friends on the 4th of July. We had a pool party & bbq at my in-laws.
I didn’t go too crazy with the birthday decorations this time, but we still had a theme which was One In A Melon! How cute is that!! I figured it was perfect for a summer birthday.
Let me tell you it was so nice not to be stressed out & up for hours the night before. Sometimes simple is better!
Since everything with Covid, I did most of my party planning with the help of Amazon. They had everything I needed for this theme, including a really easy balloon arch. I am a sucker for balloon arches, I think they are the cutest thing.
Here are some of the decorations I used: